The French Muskoka Fund fulfils its mandate through a three-tier commitment:
The French Muskoka Fund’s political commitment is demonstrated by:
- ITS ADVOCACY for strengthening multi-sectoral political engagement.
- ITS SUPPORT for countries to enable them to allocate 15% of their national budgets to health expenditure, thereby respecting the terms of the 2001 Abuja Declaration.
- ITS RENEWAL and strengthening of the political commitment to set up accountability mechanisms and tools at a regional level to monitor the commitments made by governments in terms of sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and measure the progress recorded and work still to be done.
- BRINGING TOGETHER technical and financial partners to better support governments in their efforts and optimize investment in the fields of sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition, allowing the French Muskoka Fund to fulfil its role as a catalytic fund.
- ASSISTING with the renewal and strengthening of political commitments made by Muskoka stakeholders as part of global and continental agendas and maintaining efforts to mobilize resources.
At a strategic level, the French Muskoka Fund works to:
- Develop and reinforce the French Muskoka Fund’s innovative mechanism, enabling the coordination and harmonization of strategies and technical support to accelerate progress in sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition, at a country and regional level.
- Implement high-impact, cross-sector interventions as part of a continuity of care approach.
- Strengthen regional and cross-country partnerships (AU, WAHO, HHA), thereby maximizing the French Muskoka Fund’s financial leverage mechanism.
- Harmonize and align national, regional and international strategies.
At a program level, the activities supported by the French Muskoka Fund help to:
- Ensure that women, newborns, children and adolescents have high-quality, equal access to health care and drugs
- Improve the quality of care
- Ensure that adolescents, particularly girls, can access their rights and the sexual and reproductive health services they need
- Improve the nutrition of women, newborns, children and adolescents
- Boost early childhood development
- Promote the empowerment of women.
To contact us, complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.